Grain Free Pumpkin Bread with Caramel Glaze
It’s no secret that I am obsessed with pumpkin flavors. Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin “Cheesecake” Cups, Pumpkin Souffle, Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Spiced Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Spiced Cups, you get the idea…..
I could just shove my face in anything pumpkin flavored and I’d be one happy girl.
Heading into Fall, I got a few requests to develop a grain-free pumpkin bread that was just as good as the Starbucks version. So your wish is my command. I created a pumpkin bread that is to die for.
And this is not just any old pumpkin bread, mind you. This is pumpkin bread with the most delicious caramel sauce smothered all over the top. Oh. My. Gosh.
Please go make this. Now
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of roasted pumpkin or canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or pure honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all liquid pumpkin bread ingredients.
- Stir in your dry ingredients, except the pepitas.
- Spread into a lightly greased standard size bread loaf pan (use butter or coconut oil for greasing).
- Top the pumpkin batter with the pepitas.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is cooked through.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the caramel glaze all over the bread.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Stir together the coconut milk and arrowroot powder and pour that in with the butter.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Stir until it starts to simmer and gets a little bit thicker.
- Remove from heat and stir in the honey until well mixed (by removing the pot from the heat, it preserves the enzymes of the raw honey).
- Let the glaze cool for 10-15 minutes before pouring over the pumpkin bread.
I hope you all are enjoying the beauty of the Fall season and I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! The first time I made this pumpkin bread, it was devoured in 5 minutes flat
And don’t forget to leave a comment if you’ve made or tried it – I love hearing from all of you!