Weeknight Skillet Cod with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil. 15 minutes from start to finish! Keto, Paleo, Whole30.
Skillet Cod with Fresh Tomatoes & Basil
(Keto, Paleo, Whole30)
This is one of the easiest, tastiest summer fish recipes and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
If you have a garden, you may be like me and are always on the lookout for recipes using garden fresh tomatoes.
This skillet fish recipe is packed full of garden fresh flavor and is so light and nutritious. We absolutely love it! It’s a regular in our summer dinner rotation. Plus it’s SO simple – it takes literally 15 minutes from start to finish, including prep time. Perfect for those fun activity filled summer nights!
We like to eat this over a bed of rice or brown rice pasta. But if you are following a Keto, Paleo or Whole30 diet, this skillet cod over cauliflower rice or cooked greens is absolutely wonderful, too.
Sitka Salmon Shares & Coupon Code
This past year, we’ve been getting our fish from Sitka Salmon Shares.
I love supporting this amazing community of small boat fishermen who are incredibly conscientious about sustainable practices. And I highly recommend Sitka Salmon Shares if you are looking for a wonderful place to buy fish. Their premium, wild fish is hook and line caught in the pristine waters of Southeast Alaksa and the North Pacific, exclusively within sustainable fisheries. The fish is completely traceable to the boats of their fishermen. Love!
You’ll get home delivery with recipes and a newsletter about the fishermen who caught that month’s share. And their packaging is even compostable.
The price is in line with what you would expect to pay for high quality fish at a fish market. I couldn’t be more thrilled with the fish and their service and company. Once you taste their seafood, I know you’ll be able to taste the difference! SO DANG GOOD!
Sitka Salmon Shares is offering Primally Inspired readers $25 off any of their shares (except the Taste of Fall share), with Sitka Salmon Shares Coupon Code: INSPIRED
Click HERE to go to the Sitka Salmon Shares website and don’t forget to enter coupon code : INSPIRED
Skillet Cod with Fresh Tomatoes & Basil Recipe
- 1½ lbs cod or white fish filet cut into 4 6-ounce pieces (skin on or off)
- Sea salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or fat of choice
- 1 medium red or white onion, cut in half and sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or whole tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth (we like to substitute white wine if not following a Keto, Paleo, or Whole30 diet)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Sprinkle the top of the fish with sea salt, black pepper and dried Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Add your olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add in the sliced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Next, add in your cherry tomatoes or quartered tomatoes, minced garlic, chicken broth or wine, balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of basil (reserve the other 1 tablespoon of basil for later). Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until a few of the cherry tomatoes begin to burst.
- Nestle the fish in the skillet, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Give the dish a little taste and add extra sea salt if needed. Top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of basil. Enjoy!
My favorite Keto, Paleo, Whole30 Fish Recipes: