Pumpkin Souffle Recipe
Many of you already know how much I love my souffles. Souffles are a delicious, filling and nutritious breakfast made almost entirely of eggs but don’t taste like eggs – it tastes very much like a pancake. You really have to make it to believe it 🙂 Even though I enjoy eggs, I do grow tired of them so these souffles are a welcoming variation.
I’ve seen many a kid who won’t eat eggs gobble these souffles up, ask for seconds and never even know the difference 😉
Over the course of a few years, I’ve come up with so many variations of souffles, but this Fall flavored one ranks up there as one of my very most favorites.
I’ve combined pumpkin and pumpkin pie spices to create a comforting breakfast that any pumpkin lover is sure to love.
And be sure to check out my other variations of souffles HERE.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whip egg whites only until peaks form. Using a stand mixer makes this very easy!
- Mix together the yolks, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until well mixed.
- Once peaks form with the egg whites, gently incorporate the pumpkin/yolk mixture.
It's very important not to overmix at this point.
- Fold the combined egg mixture into a well greased souffle dish, pie dish or small individual ramekins.
- Bake until mixture is cooked through and top is golden brown. See notes for bakes time for different baking dishes.
Don’t forget to leave me a comment if you’ve made it – I love hearing from all of you!