Pumpkin Spiced Almond Butter
This pumpkin spiced almond butter is amazing on pancakes, bananas, chocolate squares, muffins or by the spoonful but I think my favorite way to enjoy it is spread on fresh apple slices. So good!
I’m slightly obsessed with pumpkin flavors so I like to keep a jar of this pumpkin-y goodness handy for a quick, healthy snack. There may even be a jar in my car right now It helps keep me full when I’ve been away all day and my meetings went longer than anticipated – a big spoonful is all I need to hold me over until my next meal.
If you like a creamier consistency, process a tablespoon at a time of roasted pumpkin in the almond butter using a food processor until it’s the consistency you love. I like a chunkier version, but it’s possible to get it very smooth by processing more and adding more roasted pumpkin to the mix.
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (I use 2 tablespoons, but if you want it sweeter add 3)
- 2 tablespoons of roasted pumpkin or canned pumpkin (add more, 1 tablespoon at a time to the food processor if you want a creamier consistency)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sea salt, to taste
- Add ingredients to a food processor (you can mix by hand, too, although it won’t get as creamy if you like it creamy) and process until desired consistency is reached.
© Primally Inspired. My posts are copyrighted information. Do not repost my full recipe or post on your blog, Facebook, or any other website. Posting ingredients and sharing my photos is permitted with a link back to my site for the full recipe or post.FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.