Pumpkin Spiced Almond Butter
This pumpkin spiced almond butter is amazing on pancakes, bananas, chocolate squares, muffins or by the spoonful but I think my favorite way to enjoy it is spread on fresh apple slices. So good!
I’m slightly obsessed with pumpkin flavors so I like to keep a jar of this pumpkin-y goodness handy for a quick, healthy snack. There may even be a jar in my car right now It helps keep me full when I’ve been away all day and my meetings went longer than anticipated – a big spoonful is all I need to hold me over until my next meal.
If you like a creamier consistency, process a tablespoon at a time of roasted pumpkin in the almond butter using a food processor until it’s the consistency you love. I like a chunkier version, but it’s possible to get it very smooth by processing more and adding more roasted pumpkin to the mix.
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (I use 2 tablespoons, but if you want it sweeter add 3)
- 2 tablespoons of roasted pumpkin or canned pumpkin (add more, 1 tablespoon at a time to the food processor if you want a creamier consistency)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sea salt, to taste
- Add ingredients to a food processor (you can mix by hand, too, although it won't get as creamy if you like it creamy) and process until desired consistency is reached.