Southwest Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip
Ranch dressing gets a southwest makeover! It’s no secret that I love southwest flavors and boy is this Southwest Avocado Ranch Dressing & Dip delicious.
It’s smooth, creamy and flavorful. And for those who are intolerant or allergic to dairy like I am, you’ll be happy to know it’s even dairy free.
Confession: I am a lazy cook. It’s true. More times than not, I simply dump a big roast or chicken pieces in my crockpot and let the crockpot do the cooking for me. And then I use an easy, homemade, flavorful sauce to drizzle over the meat. Sauces and dressings like this Southwest Avocado Ranch totally transform boring meat (& veggies!) into something really wonderful. Cooking this way keeps meals super simple & easy, yet still very delicious – just the way I like it! At the very bottom of this post, I’ll link to some of my family’s favorite sauces so you can give my lazy cooking method a try 🙂
You can use this Southwest Avocado Ranch Dressing & Dip any way you would mayonnaise or ranch dressing. Here’s some more ideas:
- Want to liven up boring chicken salad or tuna salad? Instead of mayo, use this for a fun southwest flavor!
- It makes the perfect dip for veggies!
- Drizzle it over steak, burgers, chicken, fish or eggs for a flavor explosion!
- Use it as a dairy-free alternative to sour cream for fajitas and tacos!
- Dip chicken fingers or sweet potato fries in it!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. And don’t forget to give my lazy cooking method a try if you are burnt out from cooking. I think you may like it! 🙂
Southwest Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip Recipe:
- ½ cup mayonnaise (find my easy 30-second homemade mayo recipe HERE)
- 1 avocado, skin and pit thrown out
- 1 jalapeño, cut in half and seeded
- 1 lime, juiced, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon each: dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, dried chives, chili powder & sea salt
- ¼ cup avocado or olive oil (I use THIS)
- optional: pinch or two of red pepper flakes if you want extra spice
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I use THIS) and process until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick or has trouble blending, add in an additional tablespoon of oil until you reach desired consistency.
Ideas for this southwest avocado ranch dressing & dip:
-Use this instead of mayonnaise in chicken salad or tuna salad for a delicious southwest spin!
-Dip veggies in it!
-Use it as a dressing for salad!
-Drizzle some over steak, chicken or eggs for a flavor explosion!
Pin Southwest Avocado Ranch Dressing and Dip HERE:
Some more of my favorite healthy sauces:
(click on the picture to take you to the recipe!)