Burgers with Egg and Garlic Butter Balsamic
This summer has been incredibly busy for me. I haven’t had a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, which results in eating super quick meals with not a lot of creativity. So I wanted to share with you my go-to quick meal that I’ve been eating a lot these days.
I should also mention that I have a commitment to eating real food so I don’t let my busy life give me an excuse to pull into the drive-thru. But this wasn’t always the case. Throughout my years of eating real food, I’ve learned to be armed and prepared when busy days happen so I don’t have to pull in that drive-thru or pick up the phone and order takeout. (Not saying it never happens, though – I’m far from perfect!)
But one of the ways I stay prepared is to always have some real food, nutrient dense, staple items in my fridge or freezer at all times that are super quick and easy to prepare.
For me, my staple foods are packs of grass-fed beef burgers and sweet potato fries (recipe coming soon!) in my freezer, farm fresh eggs in my fridge and avocado in my fruit basket. These are highly nutrient dense foods that are both quick and filling (and fairly inexpensive when you consider you’re getting a ton of nutritious bang for your buck).
Because a burger, eggs and sweet potato fries are entirely too boring for me, I spruce it up with my garlic butter balsamic sauce (that I also keep in my fridge at all times because that stuff is bangin’ and good on everything).
I first introduced you to this sauce back when I gave you my bacon avocado cup recipe. Many of you raved over the sauce and I heard more than one person say that they literally licked the plate clean because they didn’t want one drop of sauce to go to waste. I totally do that, too 😉
So while the burgers and sweet potato fries are cooking, I slice up whatever veggies I have on hand to top my burger. I also fry an egg and stack it up on my burger and then pour the garlic butter balsamic sauce all over the whole dang plate. It’s such a wonderful nutrient dense, balanced meal that includes healthy fats and carbs and a nice, hefty dose of protein. This meal keeps me full and energized for hours.
- beef burgers
- Toppings: lettuce, onion, avocado, tomato, etc.
- Garlic Butter Balsamic Sauce (serves 2):
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Cook the burgers and eggs to desired doneness.
- While the burgers are cooking, cut any veggies for your topping.
- Meanwhile, over low heat, stir the butter, balsamic and garlic in a small pot.
- Stir constantly for a minute or two until the mixture is boiling.
- As soon as it boils, remove from heat.
- Top your burger with egg(s) and any additional veggie toppings.
- Drizzle the garlic butter balsamic sauce all over the burgers.
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information