Paleo Banana Bread – No Grains, No Added Sugar
No Added Sugar, No Grains, Easy and Amazing Paleo Banana Bread
I had a bunch of really brown bananas in my fruit basket and knew it was time to either use them or peel and freeze them.
I’ve always loved banana bread, but most standard recipes I remember making back in the day called for an insane amount of sugar and flour that would make my blood sugar go crazy.
My mission was to come up with a paleo banana bread using no added sugar and no grains. To make the cut, it still had to be as delicious as traditional banana bread. I am excited to present to you with my Paleo Banana Bread!
I love this paleo banana bread for so many reasons. At the top of my list is how easy it is to throw everything together in a bowl and out comes this tasty bread. But the main reason is that there is absolutely no added sugar! It is naturally sweetened with ripe bananas so you can feel great about feeding something healthy to your family. Plus, did I mention how yummy it is?!
I usually end up adding some high quality, dairy, soy, nut free dark chocolate chips to mine for a little extra treat. But it’s equally as tasty without them!
- 4 very ripe bananas*, mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (Find HERE), or butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut flour (Find HERE) *you must use coconut flour - using another flour will not work!
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- optional add-ins: ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (I like THESE because they are dairy and soy free), walnuts, pecans, slivered almonds, raisins, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Throw everything together in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased (use coconut oil or butter for greasing) bread pan.
- Bake for about 45 - 60 minutes or until center is set and top is golden. Enjoy!