Paleo Lemon Bread with a Lemon Glaze – Grain Free, Paleo
Paleo Lemon Bread with Lemon Glaze – Grain Free, Paleo
My wonderful, adorable and hilarious internet friend, Janice from HealthStyle Living, always gives me the nicest compliments about my no grains, no added sugar paleo banana bread. She raves about it all the time and said she was so happy to discover something she and her husband could enjoy while still staying healthy. I just love hearing things like that!
One of my favorite things to do is to experiment in the kitchen and take the typical “not so great for you foods” and make healthier options while still maintaining an amazing taste.
So when I caught wind that Janice was searching for a healthier no grain replacement for her husband’s favorite lemon bread, I couldn’t wait to take on the challenge.
Some of you may be familiar with the Starbucks lemon loaf: Delightfully lemony and delicious, but full of artificial ingredients, refined sugars and flour. This lemon bread tastes just like it, but this is full of wholesome, real, and good for you ingredients! Score!
Janice and I worked together for a long time on this recipe to get it absolutely perfect and we’re so excited to share with you the final version. We hope you love it as much as we do!
Paleo Lemon Loaf with a Lemon Glaze – Paleo, Gluten Free
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (Find HERE) or butter, melted
- zest from 2 lemons
- juice from 2 lemons plus enough milk of choice (coconut milk from can or box, dairy milk, almond milk, etc.) to equal 1 cup*
- ⅓ cup pure honey
- ⅔ cup coconut flour (do NOT substitute another type of flour – it will not work! You can find coconut flour HERE)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the lemon bread ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 32-45 minutes (mine was perfect at the 35 minute mark, but it may take up to 45 minutes) or until golden on top and middle is cooked through. (If the top starts to get too brown towards the end of the cooking time, put some foil over the top.)
- Let cool.
- While the lemon loaf is cooking, mix all glaze ingredients together in a small pot over low heat until it starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat and let sit to cool.
- Once cooled, put in the fridge to firm up.
- Once loaf is cooled and glaze is firmer, pour the glaze over the top of the loaf.
- Refrigerate the loaf at least 30 minutes – 1 hour until both the glaze and the loaf firms up a bit.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers refrigerator.