If you are a beet hater, promise me you’ll try my Maple Bacon Glazed Beets recipe. Just trust me on this one.
So go get yourself 2 bunches of beets and peel those babies up.
Then slice those beets. You can dice ‘em or you can slice ‘em. Doesn’t matter! (1/2 inch diced or 1/4 inch sliced – I like ’em sliced because they look so pretty!)
Then pour that melted, beautiful bacon fat onto a parchment lined baking pan.
Place those sliced or diced beets onto the pan.
Make sure they’re all coated in that bacon grease.
Then just get a teensy bit of maple syrup. The good stuff. 100% pure maple syrup. Just a tablespoon will do.
And give those beets a nice little drizzle.
Then pop ‘em in the oven.
Your house will smell divine. Your neighbors may line up at your door.
When the timer goes off, out they come!
Look at those beauties!
Maple Bacon Glazed Beets!
Kick yourself for making only one batch.
See I told you that you would like ‘em! 🙂
Maple Bacon Glazed Beets Recipe:
- 2 bunches of beets (about 8 medium sized beets), peeled and tops cut off
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice your beets in ¼ inch slices or you can dice them in ½ inch pieces.
- Place the sliced beets on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Pour melted bacon grease over the beets and toss, making sure both sides are well coated.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the top of the beets.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until beets are well roasted. Let cool then dig in!