Grain Free Pizza Crust (Paleo)
So this happened a few weekends ago:
Drool worthy, right?!
And let me just tell you – it was so good. Like better than a pizza shop good. I’m not exaggerating.
And the best part is the crust! The Grain Free Pizza Crust! Mmmm hmmm. If you like crispy, thin crust, you are going to fall in love with this crust.
This recipe happened accidentally when I was trying to make a pie. Sometimes recipe fails turn into the best things. And in this case and lucky for us, this recipe evolved into the best grain free pizza crust I’ve ever tasted. My husband says it’s not just the best grain free pizza crust. It’s the best pizza crust, period. Woah!
(Oh and I’m still working on the grain free pie crust – I almost have it perfected! 🙂 )
So the last few weeks, I’ve been dishing out this grain free pizza crust to all my friends and family. And they all agree that it’s a huge winner.
This grain free pizza crust is so simple to make that you can even make it on a busy weeknight. Which you know I love because I need my recipes as easy and as hassle free as possible. No waiting for dough to rise, no grating cauliflower. None of that hassle!
And do you want to know the other good news about this pizza dough? You can even freeze it!
So go ahead and figure out what toppings you love and then make this grain free pizza crust this week for an easy weeknight dinner, okay?
Grain Free Pizza Crust Recipe:
- 1 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot powder (I use THIS)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- optional: 3 tablespoons Romano or Parmesan cheese (I omit for dairy-free and prefer it omitted, but my husband likes his better with it in so you pick!)
- ⅓ cup avocado oil, olive oil, or other fat of choice (I use THIS)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut flour (find HERE)
- optional: 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add in your tapioca flour and sea salt (and cheese, if using). Set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add your oil, water, apple cider vinegar and minced garlic clove.
- As it heats up and comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and add it to your tapioca flour bowl. Stir until combined. Set aside for about 2 minutes to cool.
- Once it's not hot to the touch, add in your egg. Stir until combined.
- Add in your coconut flour (and Italian seasoning, if using) and stir until the coconut flour is absorbed and it becomes dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and press or roll out on a parchment lined or lightly greased pizza stone or baking pan. You will have enough dough to do a 12 to 14 inch circle.
- Bake 14-15 minutes or just until the crust starts to become a very light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, add your toppings and bake for 3-5 more minutes. Enjoy!