Garden Greens Pesto Recipe
My herb garden is overflowing with beautiful basil this time of year.
Basil is one of my favorite fresh herbs and this gorgeous, vibrant green pesto is one of the best ways to enjoy it.
For my pesto, I mix my basil with fresh, organic garden greens that I get at my local farm. I like to use a mix of spinach and arugula (or whatever my farmer gives me), but you can use any of your very favorite garden leafy greens.
This pesto brings such a nutrient dense and flavorful, fresh punch to any dish you are serving. I love adding it to chicken, beef, fish and even my zucchini spaghetti (see my zucchini spaghetti here)
I have 2 delicious dinner recipes that I love to make with this pesto that I’m posting this week – be sure to look out for them 😉
- 2 cups fresh garden greens (you can use spinach, arugula, etc or your favorite garden greens combo)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ romano or parmesan cheese (omit for dairy free)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until it reaches a smooth paste.