Paleo Pumpkin Pie (Grain Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free)
Pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving are like peanut butter and jelly in my neck of the woods. You can’t have one without the other!
But if you are eating grain-free, dairy-free and/or nut-free, you may have thought your days of eating delectable pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving were over.
No, no, no! Pumpkin pie is here to stay!
I promise you that you can bring this paleo pumpkin pie to your holiday festivities and no one will be able to tell the difference. For real!
Just look at this beauty……
Drool! It tastes every bit as good as it looks.
Now you can have Thanksgiving and eat your pie, too 🙂 Enjoy!
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
- 1 15 or 16-ounce can/box of pumpkin puree or 2 cups of cooked pureed pumpkin (I use THIS)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (I use THIS)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (recipe HERE)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Grain-Free, Paleo Pie Crust - my easy recipe HERE
- Optional toppings: extra sprinkle of cinnamon and/or whipped coconut cream (tutorial for whipped coconut cream HERE)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt. I use an immersion blender for easy and thorough blending!
- Pour your filling into the pie crust. Place a pie shield around your pie so your crust does not burn. I use THIS pie shield.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- After 15 minutes, turn down the oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely before serving. Top with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and/or whipped coconut cream. Enjoy!