Mason Jar Fruit Pies – Easy, No Bake Recipe!
We love these easy, no bake Mason Jar Fruit Pies for so many reasons!
First of all, they are SO GOOD!!! My husband even declared them his new favorite dessert.
Secondly, they are no bake and take 5 minutes to put together. It’s made right in the blender or food processor. Which scores major brownie points with me because we don’t have air condition in our house. Turning on the oven or slaving over a hot stove when it’s ridiculously hot and 100% humidity, like it is today, just isn’t happening no matter what. For those without air condition, too, I know you get me.
And lastly, mason jars. Need I say more? 🙂 I have a
slight major obsession with mason jars and seriously, how adorable is this little dessert?
The 4-ounce mason jars make the perfect portion size. These Mason Jar Fruit Pies are great to serve to company, but they’re also nice to have throughout the week. You’ll have a perfectly portioned little treat ready to go when you want something a little sweet, but still want to make a healthy choice.
Oh and I suppose I should mention that these no bake, mason jar fruit pies are healthy, too 😉
I chose to make the fruit filling “gel” with antioxidant, fiber rich chia seeds! I just love chia seeds. The chia’s soluble fiber forms a gel that slows the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream (especially great for diabetics!), binds it to toxins in the digestive system and helps eliminate waste. Chia seeds are also rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc and many trace minerals.
You know how much I love it when you make my recipes your own. I’d love for you to get creative with the fruit or combinations of fruit. Mango peach, strawberry mint, raspberry basil…oooo! The possibilities are endless! And how adorable would these be for the 4th of July with half strawberry and half blueberry filling? My mind is already thinking about what combination I want to make next 🙂
Enjoy my recipe and don’t forget to leave me a comment if you try it or play around with it. I can’t wait to hear what delicious combinations you come up with!
Mason Jar Fruit Pie Recipe:
- ½ cup raw nuts or seeds (I love using THESE raw pumpkin seeds, but use your favorite nuts and/or seeds!)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 4 pitted dates (I use THESE)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee or coconut oil
- Pulse the crust ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender until finely ground. Press 2 tablespoons of the crust in 6, 4 ounce, mason jars (I use THESE).
- Clean out the blender or food processor and then pulse the fruit filling ingredients until you've reached your desired consistency. I personally like to keep a few smaller fruit pieces in the filling (I don't completely puree it).
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the fruit filling on top of each crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes and then enjoy! Keep any leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Pin Mason Jar Fruit Pie recipe HERE: