Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (Paleo, Nut Free)
I am a huuuuuge chocolate peppermint fan. So when I first took a bite into these double chocolate peppermint cookies, I let out a little squeal..…and then I reached for another. SO yummy!
Slightly crispy edges, yet soft, rich and chocolate-y inside. It doesn’t get much better than this 🙂
To all of you that are allergic to nuts like many are in my family – you will especially love that this recipe is nut free.
Don’t like peppermint? Just leave it out and you’ll have some awesome double chocolate cookies!
But if you are a total chocolate peppermint freak like me, be sure to check out my Flourless Peppermint Fudge Brownie Bars and my Paleo Peppermint Brownie Roll. Those 2 recipes are among my most popular and raved about healthy (or I should say healthier) treats! The peppermint brownie roll is such a hit that if I don’t show up at friend’s and family’s houses without it during the month of December, I get the third degree 🙂
These double chocolate peppermint cookies are already a huge hit around here and I hope you love them as much as we do!
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe (Paleo, Nut Free):
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs (for egg allergies, use flax or chia eggs)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅔ cup tapioca flour (I use THIS)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder (I use THIS)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I use THESE)
- Mix together the softened butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and peppermint extracts until well blended.
- Stir in the tapioca and coconut flours, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Or if you are impatient like me, in the freezer for 30 minutes. If you are planning on not making these cookies right away, you can keep the cookie dough in the fridge for up to 3 days. Chilling the dough is an important step to make extra delicious (for real!) & pretty cookies so don't skip it!
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, flatten slightly and bake for 12 minutes. Enjoy!
Pin Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe HERE:
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information