Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Peppers
I don’t have much to say about this recipe, except please make it.
My husband and I are not even big stuffed pepper fans, but this. Oh this. This is a Huge (with a capital H) winner in our house.
You start out by making an easy ranch chicken. Woo!
By the way, making your own ranch spice mix is easy, peasy. No need to use those ranch packets that are loaded with MSG and artificial additives, I tell ya!
Then coat the ranch chicken in hot sauce. Ta-dah – I present to you Buffalo ranch chicken. Total yum.
We then stuff our buffalo ranch chicken in peppers and bake. Deeeelish!
But wait! To make these stuffed peppers even more amazing, if that is even possible, we serve our peppers with some homemade guacamole.
Ohhhhh my word.
Best combo ever.
And if you are a dork like me, you can even carve little pumpkin faces out of your peppers for Halloween
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon each: dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- extra butter, ghee, or other fat of choice for greasing and baking
- 4 peppers (I like using yellow or orange, but use what you like!), tops cut off and seeds cleaned out
- ½ cup hot sauce* (I use THIS)
- ¼ cup butter* or ghee
- 2 avocados
- ½ – 1 jalapeno, seeded, and minced
- ¼ of a medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your dried spices together.
- Place your chicken breast and sliced onions in a single layer on a greased or parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle the entire pan with dried spices. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a small pat of butter or other fat of choice over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, melt ¼ cup butter in a pot over medium low heat. Once melted add in hot sauce and stir. Set aside.
- If you are making guacamole, make it now (see instructions below).
- Once chicken is cooked, run a knife through the chicken and onions until chicken is in small bite size pieces.
- Combine chicken with the hot sauce mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly in all 4 peppers.
- Place stuffed peppers in a baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until peppers are softened to your liking.
- Serve with Guacamole. Enjoy!
- Mash all guacamole ingredients together until desired consistency.
I hope this gets two big thumbs up from your family like it does mine!