One of my very favorite quick treats is my homemade, healthy, easy chocolate recipe. It’s so easy. Like 2 minutes easy.
Plus it’s the best tasting chocolate I’ve ever had. Seriously. If you read the comments, I’m not alone in thinking this.
And let me make your day for just one minute in case you didn’t know this:
Did you know chocolate (real chocolate made from cacao) is one of nature’s best sources of antioxidants? Chocolate even trumps the acai, pomegranate, cranberry and blueberry in polyphenol content (polyphenols protect the body from chronic disease) and antioxidant capacity!
I thought you would like that 🙂
But anyway, many of you know that I’m super obsessed with anything pumpkin this time of year. Give me ALL the pumpkin!!! If you are like me, you’ve got to check out my top 25 favorite paleo pumpkin recipes. Love.
So I did what any pumpkin obsessed girl would do and fancied up my favorite chocolate recipe with some pumpkin spiced goodness!
I made these chocolate bites with tiny pieces of Autumn color and flavor in every bite. Total perfection, if I don’t say so myself!
- ½ cup cacao powder (I love THIS brand)
- ¼ cup coconut oil , melted
- 1-2 tablespoons pure raw honey or sweetener of choice
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- In a bowl, combine all chocolate ingredients until well mixed and smooth.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon out 12 circles (about a teaspoon or two each of chocolate) over the parchment paper.
- Press 1 pecan in the middle of each chocolate. Gently press the remaining toppings in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle pumpkin spice over the chocolates.
- Freeze until firm. Enjoy!
- Store in the freezer.
Are you sick of pumpkin yet or are you pumpkin obsessed, too? Let me know and then make these and let me know how you like them!
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information