Stuffed Cabbage Recipe from Medeterranean Paleo Cooking Cookbook
You guys are in for a treat today! My friend, Caitlin sent me an advance copy of her brand new, not yet released cookbook called Mediterranean Paleo Cooking. You can check out the book with previews HERE
Annnnnnd, she’s also letting me share a recipe from the cookbook – Stuffed Cabbage.
I have a feeling that you are going to fall in love with this cookbook just like I have. First of all, it’s absolutely gorgeous. I just love the photography, the beautiful layout with all those little mediterranean details and the flavorful, but easy recipes. Swoon.
And my most favorite part about the cookbook is that no one is left out. Whether you are egg-free, following Autoimmune Paleo, nut-free, low fod-map, GAPS/SCD, low carb, this cookbook has you covered:
- Modifications for Autoimmune Paleo Protocol AIP: 112 Recipes
- Gaps and SCD modifications: 159 Recipes
- Lower-carb modifications: 158 Recipes
- Nut-Free modifications: 152 Recipes
- Egg-Free modifications: 129 Recipes
- Two 30-day meal plans. One for general health and one for the autoimmune protocol.
How cool is that?!
Now here’s the recipe for the Stuffed Cabbage shared with permission from the authors. The flavors are so unique and I have a good feeling that you are going to enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
Stuffed Cabbage Recipe from Mediterranean Paleo Cooking Cookbook
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Boil 3 cups of water in a steamer pot over medium heat. Steam the cabbage leaves for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft, and set them aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt the fat over medium heat. Add the stew meat to the pan and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, cinnamon sticks, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook another 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Cover the mixture with the beef broth and bring to a boil with the lid on. Remove the lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the stew meat is cooking, mix the stuffing ingredients together in a large bowl. Place ¼ cup of the stuffing mixture in the middle of steamed cabbage leaf. Roll the leaf halfway, then tuck in the sides and finish rolling. Place the rolled leaf aside on a plate, seam side down. Repeat until all the stuffing is used up.
- Using tongs, carefully add the stuffed cabbage leaves to the sauté pan. Cover and simmer the cabbage rolls for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks and top the dish with fresh cilantro to serve.