Salmon and Avocado Salsa
Wild-caught salmon is my fish of choice and this summer recipe ranks up there as my all-time favorite way to eat it.
The avocado salsa goes so well with a mulitude of different dishes – it’s even great when eaten by the spoonful, which I may or may not do 😉
But when paired with this flavorful spiced salmon, it’s a homerun!
Consider making the salsa the night before so the flavors can develop in the fridge and so that you can have a super easy weeknight meal.
- 2 pounds of salmon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons oil of choice (butter, avocado oil, etc.)
- For the Avocado Salsa:
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 mild to hot peppers, seeded and finely diced (jalapeno, banana, etc. work well)
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the salsa in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the salmon on a lightly greased baking pan.
- Combine your spices in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the salmon.
- Place a small pat of butter over each piece of salmon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with the avocado salsa.
Where do you usually buy your wild caught salmon? The good stuff is so hard to find, and very expensive to buy online. I have found some wild caught white fish ( cod and hake) at Costco, but salmon has been more difficult. Your recipe looks delicious, and I would love to try it. I love salmon, but I refuse to buy the farmed stuff.
Hi Carla, I usually can find mine frozen at my local Aldi grocery store for great prices! Do you have an Aldi near where you live? I have even heard a rumor that they started selling grass fed beef in their Texas stores. The grass fed beef hasn’t hit my Aldi yet, but the manager said it was coming soon!
We do have an Aldi near us. I would have never guessed that they would carry wild caught salmon!!! I will check it out. Thank you
Made this tonight. It came together really quickly and tasted great!!!! Thanks for such a wonderful recipe!
Awesome! Thanks Robyn!
OMG Kelly, this looks amazing! All my favorite ingredients… I know what I’ll have for dinner tonight!! 🙂
All my fav ingredients, too! Adding a mango in there or on the side makes it sooo good, too!
Awesome – quick and easy way to prepare salmon, which we eat about once per week. I made this and we loved it. I added chopped up fresh mango to my salsa and it was just amazing!
Hello–I’m just starting the Whole30 and thanks for the recipe! So we are able to use butter?
Hi Rattaya! No, but ghee is acceptable. Or you could use coconut or olive oil! Ghee is really easy to make out of butter. I have a super easy tutorial on my blog about how to make it in the slow cooker…..http://www.primallyinspired.com/ghee-in-the-crockpot/
Would never know this was a Whole 30 meal! Delicious and full of flavor! I added a little green bell pepper and garlic powder to the guacamole. It was amazing! Everyone in our family enjoyed!
Awesome, Sarah! So glad you enjoyed it!!