These flourless Pumpkin Power Cookies are jam packed with nutrition! Makes a great grab and go healthy snack. Paleo, Gluten Free and Vegan.
Pumpkin Power Cookies (Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan)
Nuts! Eating a small handful can pack your diet with filling protein, fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants and important vitamins and minerals.
Health Benefits of Nuts
Eating 1 serving of nuts a day – or 1 small handful – has been shown to help brain health, heart health, skin health, men’s reproductive health, reduce risk of cancer, reduce tumor growth and there’s even some evidence that they can even help with weight loss. Yes, that’s right — nuts contain healthy fats that can actually help you lose weight and help boost your metabolism! (source, source)
Now you know why I appropriately named this recipe Pumpkin POWER Cookies. They certainly do contain some powerful health benefits…and will give you a nice boost of energy! This recipe is a great, delicious and easy way to give your health a boost!
Although all nuts are rich in nutrition, one of my favorite nut varieties is the walnut. Not only are walnuts delicious, but the walnut contains the most amount of antioxidants (help protect agains disease) and omega-3’s (fight inflammation) out of all the nuts! Moreover, walnuts have even been shown to have anti-cancerous properties, cutting breast cancer risk in mice by 50 percent, and prostate cancer growth by 30 to 40 percent (source, source).
But let’s face it, nuts on their own sometimes get….well….boring. That’s why I came up with these cookies!
Pumpkin Power Cookies
By eating 1 or 2 of these Pumpkin Power Cookies, I get my daily serving of nuts (and other very important and nutrient dense foods like pumpkin seeds, coconut oil and pumpkin puree!) in a downright delicious, fun and very healthy way!
And these cookies are anything but boring. Just look at these babies! Little bites of walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, a touch of honey, pumpkin, dried cranberries and even a bit of dark chocolate mixed in there….because sometimes a girl just needs some dark chocolate, am I right? 🙂
They have all the tastes of fall, plus they are pretty much the easiest thing ever to make – win-win!
Watch: How to make Flourless Pumpkin Power Cookies
I hope you enjoy these flourless Pumpkin Power Cookies as much as we do and may your health reap the many benefits!
Pumpkin Power Cookies Recipe:
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey *Vegan option use maple syrup*
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (Find HERE)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs *Vegan option use flax or chia seed eggs - tutorial HERE*
- 2 cups chopped nuts of choice (I use a mix of walnuts and pecans)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (I use THESE)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (I use THESE)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (I use THESE)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- First, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, honey, eggs, sea salt and pumpkin pie spice in a medium sized bowl until blended together.
- Then, add in the chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and mini chocolate chips and stir until everything is combined.
- Next, drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Lastly, let cool for a few minutes before removing cookies from the tray.
Here’s my favorite Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe: