Sloppy Joes get a healthy, Fall, slow cooker, makeover! You’ll love this easy, delicious & healthy Pumpkin Sloppy Joes recipe…made right in the crockpot! Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free.
Crockpot Pumpkin Sloppy Joes Recipe (Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free)
You guys! We’ve been absolutely loving this easy Pumpkin Sloppy Joes Recipe! It’s been an at least once a week meal around my house and has quickly become a family favorite.
Plus, this recipe really can’t get any easier. You literally just dump everything in the crockpot. And then come home to an amazing smelling house complete with dinner (or lunch!) ready. Gosh, I just love easy recipes like that.
And if you’re thinking what my husband first thought when he saw me putting pumpkin in my Sloppy Joe recipe (truthfully, he was horrified haha), just trust me on this. It’s ridiculously good.
And yes, it tastes the same as regular Sloppy Joes (actually Zach thinks it tastes even better! woo!), but with so much added nutrition from all that pumpkin-y goodness!
Health benefits of Pumpkin
Pumpkin is such a wonderful source of nutrition. That’s why I was thrilled when I realized I could add more pumpkin into my life with this yummy Sloppy Joes recipe!
- Boost your immune system (it’s chock full of vitamin C and antioxidants!)
- Protects your eyesight (very rich in beta carotene)
- Aids in weight loss (because of all that good fiber that’s proven to help you feel fuller longer!)
- Makes skin glow (abundant in Vitamin A which helps boost collagen production!)
We love to serve our Pumpkin Sloppy Joes on gluten free rolls or a baked potato and sometimes we just scoop it up with tortilla chips 🙂 So, so good! I hope you get a chance to try my easy Crockpot Pumpkin Sloppy Joe recipe – I think you’ll really love this one!
Crockpot Sloppy Joes Printable Recipe:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS)
- ½ cup ketchup (I use THIS kind) *
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (I use THIS)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cloves, nutmeg and black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Then, remove lid for 30-45 minutes so any extra liquid can evaporate. Enjoy!