Berry Skillet Pancake (Grain Free, Paleo)
I like to call this skillet pancake recipe, the Lazy Man’s (or Woman’s) Pancake recipe because you just have to make 1 pancake. Why slave over a hot stovetop making a bunch of pancakes when you can get the job done with one giant pancake?!
You know me, I like my recipes quick, easy and healthy and this berry skillet pancake recipe fits the bill.
Just whip up a few ingredients, pour it into a hot skillet, pop it into the oven and out comes a super fluffy, golden giant pancake that is absolutely delish! You can add a dollop of butter or a drizzle of maple syrup to the finished product, but I promise you, it doesn’t even need it. It’s so good all on it’s own!
Eat it for breakfast or slice it up, add a dollop of whipped coconut cream and serve it for an easy dessert. And use any berries you have on hand – fresh OR frozen! Enjoy!
Berry Skillet Pancake Recipe:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk (I use THIS)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (find HERE)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour/starch (I use THIS)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup berries of choice (fresh OR frozen!)
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
- Turn oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put 2 tablespoons of butter (or ghee or coconut oil) in a 9-10" skillet and place the skillet in the oven while you whip up the batter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add in the coconut flour, arrowroot or tapioca starch, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt and stir until smooth.
- Once your oven is preheated, take the skillet out of the oven (your butter or oil should be completely melted and the skillet should be hot) and add the batter to the skillet.
- Place the berries all over the batter.
- Put the skillet back in the oven for 25 minutes or until the top is golden. Enjoy!