I’ve been holding out on you. You see, this has been my go-to lunch for the last 4 years and I’m just now telling you about it.
I make a big batch of this chicken salad on Sunday and then eat it all throughout the week as my lunch. It’s one of those things that just seems to get better and better with time in the fridge.
One day I’ll eat this tasty chicken salad in a tomato, the next day I’ll eat it in avocado halves and then the day after that I’ll do a lettuce wrap. All super delicious (and extremely nutritious), may I add.
But this time of year, nothing beats this chicken salad in a garden fresh, juicy summer tomato. Swoon.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have these past few years! And don’t forget to leave me a comment if you try it – I love hearing from all of you 🙂
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 green onions, sliced, both green and white parts
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- For serving: tomatoes, avocados or lettuce
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve in a tomato, avocado halves or use lettuce as a wrap!