Pumpkin Pudding (Dairy Free)
We can’t get enough of this pumpkin pudding! It’s rich, creamy, just the perfect amount of sweetness and full of that wonderful Fall flavor.
And it’s made with nourishing, healthy ingredients like coconut milk, egg yolks, pumpkin and just a touch of real honey.
It’s great by itself or you can quickly whip up a vanilla cinnamon marshmallow topping from the extra egg whites (recipe below). I think it looks super cute with the vanilla marshmallow topping and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon, don’t you? 🙂
This recipe is a good one to serve guests this Fall. It’s so good that all the guests I’ve served it to so far have asked me for the recipe! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pudding Recipe:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (I use THIS)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (I use THIS)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey (I use THIS) or other sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon gelatin (I use THIS)
- pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I use THIS)
- 2 egg yolks (save the whites for the vanilla marshmallow topping, if desired)
- Add all the ingredients, except the egg yolks, to a medium sauce pot and let sit for 5 minutes (this is to let the gelatin "bloom")
- Turn on the heat on your stove to medium and whisk in the egg yolks.
- Stir constantly for 5-8 minutes or until mixture is heated and bubbles begin to appear around the sides and top of the mixture. Do NOT bring to a boil (important).
- Pour into serving cups and refrigerate for 4 hours or until completely chilled and thickened.
- If you wish, top each serving with a dollop of vanilla marshmallow topping (recipe below) and/or an extra sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Place your honey and gelatin in a small sauce pot and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whip your egg whites with a stand or hand mixer until peaks form.
- Turn your stovetop onto medium and bring honey to a simmer (do not bring to a full boil).
- Once your honey starts to simmer, take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- While the egg whites are still whipping, slowly drizzle the honey mixture into the egg whites.
- Keep whipping for 30 more seconds.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Give a good brisk stir when ready to use.
Pin this recipe HERE:
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information