My favorite real food blogger, Rose from The Clean Dish is back and I couldn’t be happier! I love when Rose comes to visit because she makes, hands down, the BEST clean desserts. It’s no secret that I just adore everything she makes. In fact, her Raspberry “Better Than Cheesy” Cheesecake recipe ranks as my top fav dessert. Talk about divine! And go check out her recipe for Coconut Surprise Bars and then thank me later 🙂 I love her creativity, her food photography and her passion for real food. She has wonderful recipes so make sure to check out her blog and follow along with her on facebook, too! ~Kelly
It’s me again, Rose from The Clean Dish – I am thrilled to be back with another guest post for Primally Inspired and I’ll cut right to the chase: I made a vegan and grain free/processed sugar free chocolate cake which is everything I had hoped for: chocolaty, moist, fluffy and just SO addictive!
- 3 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup +1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw, virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- For Chocolate Cream Frosting (optional):
- Preheat oven to 325F and line the bottom of an 8½ inch spring form pan with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Use a sieve for the baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and apple sauce (do not mix in apple cider vinegar just yet).
- Add wet ingredients (except apple cider vinegar) to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once your batter is well incorporated (it will be a little thicker and pastier than regular batter), add the apple cider vinegar. Mix well and pour into your spring form and bake immediately for approximately 30 - 35 minutes. Do the toothpick test; stick a toothpick into the middle of your cake. If batter sticks to it, continue baking.
- Let cool down fully before transferring to a cake plate (your cake will crumble if you don't wait so be patient :) ).
- Enjoy as is or make Chocolate Cream to spread on top:
Meet Rose from The Clean Dish
Hi – My name is Rose! I am a German citizen, real food advocate, military wife and since February 2013, author of the recipe blog The Clean Dish. We currently live in North Florida – but home is where the Army sends us!
I enjoy developing recipes and just started getting into food photography. All of my recipes are grain free, processed sugar free and some are vegan. If I’m not busy in the kitchen, I like to go on long walks with my feisty little Eskimo dog Biscuit. I try to stay active as I believe physical fitness is the key to a balanced life style – I love trail running, rock climb, snorkeling and cross country skiing – if I ever get the chance.
I dream about traveling the world to write about food and artisan wine but for now, I am perfectly happy with a simple life of home cooked meals, dinner with friends and weekend trips to the beach. Come on over and visit me at The Clean Dish to check out my latest creations!
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information