The yearly Primally Inspired INFRARED SAUNA GROUP BUY is happening NOW! Now's your chance to get an infrared sauna at wholesale prices- about 40% off retail!
Paleo Strawberry Shortcake
I’ve been waiting months for strawberry season to hit my neck of the woods in Pennsylvania. And it’s here! *happy dance* (That definitely deserves a happy dance after the crazy long and harsh winter we had – did you guys have a bad winter, too?)
Anyway, Strawberry Shortcake was always a favorite of mine growing up. One thing I knew for sure. As soon as I got a basketful of fresh, juicy strawberries, the first thing I was going to make was a Paleo Strawberry Shortcake.
It took a few tries to get the recipe absolutely perfect for you guys, but the final version we absolutely love.
Bitefuls of buttery cake biscuit, fresh juicy strawberries and lightly sweetened vanilla whipped coconut cream – pure bliss! I hope you get a chance to try this during your strawberry season!
Paleo Strawberry Shortcake Recipe:
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup butter, melted (for dairy allergies use coconut oil)
- 2 heaping tablespoons pure honey or other sweetener of choice (I use THIS)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour (I use THIS)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- In a mixing bowl, mix together, eggs, lemon, butter, honey and vanilla.
- Add in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Put the shortcake mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes (if you skip this step, the shortcakes will be thin and flat like a pancake. Still yummy, but definitely not as pretty!).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop 8 heaping spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment lined (or greased) cookie sheet in 8 equal size portions.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Scoop just the thick, hardened cream out of the refrigerated can of coconut milk (save the coconut liquid for smoothies!) and whip with a hand or stand mixer until nice and fluffy. Store the whipped coconut cream in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Top 4 of the shortcakes with a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
- Add ½ cup of strawberries on top of each whipped cream topped shortcake.
- Add another shortcake on top of each one.
- Add another dollop of whipped coconut cream and enjoy!
Click HERE to pin this Paleo Strawberry Shortcake Recipe:
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information