One Pan Wonders: Orange Salmon with Broccoli and Red Pepper
I started posting a mini-series of easy, delicious dinners this month that I like to call, One Pan Wonders. One pan, healthy ingredients, and boom! You have a super quick, wholesome, flavorful meal . Oh and I almost forgot to mention that clean up is a breeze. What’s not to love about that?!
We love our One Pan Wonders. I love it for the simplicity and Zach loves it for the taste. Sometimes when we are in a really big hurry (or the real truth: I don’t feel like doing dishes), we eat it right from the pan.
This one pan wonder uses salmon, broccoli and red peppers with fresh orange squeezed all over the top.
If this isn’t one of the healthiest dinners you can eat, I don’t know what is. It combines some of the top super foods into one super healthy, delicious dinner. It also contains in-season ingredients that are very easy to find during this time of year. And it’s so ridiculously flavorful that you’ll forget it only took minutes to make!
- 4 salmon fillets (skinless or skin on – doesn’t matter)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 clementines, cut into segments and zested (you could also use 1 orange)
- ½ red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ red onion, cut into ¼ inch half moon shaped slices
- 2-3 T toasted sesame, sesame or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- splash of wheat free soy sauce – Coconut Aminos or Tamari (if you use Tamari,
make sure it has the Non-GMO Project Certified Seal)
- Optional Toppings
- pat of butter over the cooked salmon, toasted sesame seeds, freshly grated
ginger, green onions, cilantro, additional coconut aminos or tamari
- Turn your oven onto Broil.
- Place your broccoli, red pepper and red onion on a baking pan.
- Pour oil over everything and give your vegetables a nice toss to coat.
- Place your salmon on the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the orange zest over the salmon and veggies or zest your orange right
over the whole pan. While I have my zester out, I like to add a little freshly
grated ginger on top of my salmon, too.
- Salt and pepper the vegetables and salmon.
- Using 2 orange or clementine wedges, squeeze some juice onto each piece of salmon.
- Place the remaining orange/clementine wedges on the baking pan.
- Splash a small amount of wheat free soy sauce over the salmon and vegetables. Broil for 10 minutes or until salmon is done and vegetables are slightly browned.
- You can either eat the oranges (including the peel!) or squeeze them over your
salmon and vegetables.
- Top with any additional toppings that you wish.