Want a naturally sweetened homemade and easy cranberry sauce recipe? I have just the one for you to try!
I shared my recipe for naturally sweetened cranberry sauce last year at the very bottom of my Thanksgiving leftovers post (You can find that post HERE and it contains a great recipe for turkey salad wraps to make with your thanksgiving leftovers).
But I made this naturally sweetened cranberry sauce again today and realized it definitely needed to have a post of it’s own. It deserves to be a shining star because it’s so delicious! I forgot how great it tastes and how simple it is to make.
And the best part is that it’s naturally sweetened and not loaded with refined sugars like most cranberry sauce recipes.
A few readers told me that they even left the tiny bit of pure maple syrup out and that is was still really fabulous.
So I’ll leave it up to you – you can have it all fruit sweetened or add just a touch of pure maple syrup 🙂
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 apple, diced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (Find HERE)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- In a skillet over medium heat, mix in water, cranberries, orange, and apple pieces. Cook stirring often until cranberries start to split open.
- Pour in maple syrup and ground cloves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- If you prefer a smoother cranberry sauce, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Chill and Enjoy!
I was quite obsessed with this naturally sweetened cranberry sauce last year. I ate it on chicken, turkey, pork and even eggs! How do you like to eat your cranberry sauce?
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information