Have you ever had a pudding cake? The texture is somewhat of a mix between a souffle and a cheesecake with a small layer of creamy pudding on the bottom. And it is SO good!
I haven’t had a pudding cake in years. So I decided to experiment with making a grain free one. I am a sucker for anything lemon flavored and I knew my pudding cake had to be full of yummy, lemony flavor.
The texture and flavor is just perfect. It’s super easy to make, full of lemon flavor and is cute and elegant enough for company!
P.S. If you can get ahold of Meyer Lemons, I think they would be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. for this recipe 🙂
If you are a lemon lover like myself, I think you’ll really like this recipe. Let me know if you make it and what you think by leaving a comment down below – I always love hearing from you all!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk egg whites with a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg yolks, coconut milk, honey, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, and sea salt.
- Stir in coconut flour.
- Briefly mix together the eggs whites and the lemon/yolk mixture. It will turn runny.
- Pour mixture into a well greased 1 quart ramekin or round baking dish (like THIS).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center feels spongy when you gently poke it.
- Let cool and enjoy either warm or cold!
*Try not to overbake! The thin pudding layer at the bottom may get cooked through if you overbake - it will still taste delicious if overbaked, but that thin bottom layer won't be a creamy and pudding consistency :)
Click here to pin this Lemon Pudding Cake recipe:
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information