Try this easy weeknight lemon chicken skillet with broccoli recipe! Full of delicious lemon and garlic flavor – you’re sure to love the pan sauce, too! One meal, one pan!
Lemon Chicken Skillet Recipe
Looking for an easy weeknight meal that’s full of flavor, healthy AND made in one skillet? You’ve come to right place! This Lemon Chicken Skillet recipe is just what you’re looking for 🙂
Golden brown chicken breasts simmer away in a delicious lemon garlic pan sauce while you’re house is filled with that delightfully fresh lemon aroma.
One pan, one meal! And super healthy, too. That’s what I’m talking about! For those familiar with my recipes, you know I’m all about easy. And flavor. And this dish is no exception. Easy, flavorful, delicious. A winner!
Instead of the broccoli, sometimes do mushrooms. And if we’re feeling wild, sometimes we do both. Sometimes I serve it alongside rice or rice pasta, too. Oooo, really living wild now 😉
So have have fun with this Lemon chicken Skillet recipe. Tweak it to fit your needs. Add different veggies. Top it with a sprinkle of parmesan or Romano cheese (SO good – try it!). Try adding some fresh basil at the end. You get the idea. Just have fun and enjoy!
Lemon Chicken Skillet Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice - olive, avocado, coconut, etc. (I use THIS)
- Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I use THIS)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, quartered and juiced (about ¼ cup fresh juice)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon minced)
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- optional: 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- Heat your oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle sea salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on each side of the chicken.
- Once your skillet is hot, add your chicken breasts. Brown for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, minced garlic to the skillet. Stir and scrape up any brown bits that are stuck on the bottom.
- Add your chicken back to the skillet, along with the used lemon quarters. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through. Add your broccoli to the skillet and cook until broccoli is bright green and tender and chicken is cooked through, about 5 additional minutes. Finally, stir in the butter or ghee and add additional sea salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
Try it topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan or Romano cheese!
Add a sprinkle of chopped fresh basil at the end.
Substitute mushrooms for broccoli (or use both!)
Pin Lemon Chicken Skillet Recipe HERE: