Learn how to make your own
Homemade Chai Tea Concentrate!
I am pretty much obsessed with Chai Tea and as soon as any hint of cool weather comes around, I start craving my delicious, homemade Chai Tea.
Because I love Chai Tea so much, I decided to experiment with making my own homemade Chai Tea Concentrate. I like to blend a 2:1 ratio of tea to coconut milk (or any milk of your choice), but play around with the ratio until it’s perfect for you. This recipe is enough to last me a few days and I can have a mug of delicious, hot, homemade Chai Tea every morning. You can easily add ice cubes and have a homemade iced chai tea, too!
Package this chai concentrate up in a cute mason jar, tie a bow with twine and a cinnamon stick and you have an adorable homemade gift that anyone is sure to love. Don’t forget to pin this on Pinterest, too:
- Tie your tea bags together in a knot.
- Add your tea bags, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, allspice and black pepper to a pot over medium high heat.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Turn heat down to medium low and let simmer for at least 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and honey.
- Remove and discard tea bags.
- Let cool.
- Pour into a 1 quart jar or container (like THIS) and keep in the fridge.
- I like a 2:1 ratio of chai tea concentrate to coconut milk or other milk of choice, but play around with the ratio until it's perfect for you.
- Shake well the chai tea concentrate and pour 2 parts chai tea concentrate to 1 part milk of choice.
- Heat, stir and enjoy!
To make a homemade iced Chai Tea, just do a 2:1 ratio of chai tea concentrate with milk of choice and add ice :)
Also enjoy our Turmeric Tea: A Liver Detox Tea
If you are a Chai Tea lover, you’ll probably also like my coconut flour Chai Pancakes. So deeee-lish!
Are you obsessed witih Chai Tea like me? Do you like it hot or iced?
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information