Homemade Chai Tea Concentrate
Learn how to make your own homemade Chai Tea Concentrate!
I am pretty much obsessed with Chai Tea and as soon as any hint of cool weather comes around, I start craving my delicious, homemade Chai Tea.
Because I love Chai Tea so much, I decided to experiment with making my own homemade Chai Tea Concentrate. I like to blend a 2:1 ratio of tea to coconut milk (or any milk of your choice), but play around with the ratio until it’s perfect for you. This recipe is enough to last me a few days and I can have a mug of delicious, hot, homemade Chai Tea every morning. You can easily add ice cubes and have a homemade iced chai tea, too!
Package this chai concentrate up in a cute mason jar, tie a bow with twine and a cinnamon stick and you have an adorable homemade gift that anyone is sure to love. Don’t forget to pin this on Pinterest, too:
- Tie your tea bags together in a knot.
- Add your tea bags, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, allspice and black pepper to a pot over medium high heat.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Turn heat down to medium low and let simmer for at least 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and honey.
- Remove and discard tea bags.
- Let cool.
- Pour into a 1 quart jar or container (like THIS) and keep in the fridge.
- I like a 2:1 ratio of chai tea concentrate to coconut milk or other milk of choice, but play around with the ratio until it’s perfect for you.
- Shake well the chai tea concentrate and pour 2 parts chai tea concentrate to 1 part milk of choice.
- Heat, stir and enjoy!
To make a homemade iced Chai Tea, just do a 2:1 ratio of chai tea concentrate with milk of choice and add ice
Are you obsessed witih Chai Tea like me? Do you like it hot or iced?
© Primally Inspired. My posts are copyrighted information. Do not repost my full recipe or post on your blog, Facebook, or any other website. Posting ingredients and sharing my photos is permitted with a link back to my site for the full recipe or post.FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.