Grain-Free Apple Pie Pancakes
I give you Apple Pie Pancakes!
These bring home all the tastes of apple pie, but in pancake form. Warm, golden pancakes with little bites of sweet, juicy apples topped with a buttery maple apple pie topping. Oh yes.
Does it get any better?
The answer is no. No, it doesn’t get any better. Well, unless you eat these with a side of bacon because we all know bacon makes everything better.
These really are ridiculously good and they make the perfect weekend breakfast treat. I hope you’ll get a chance to make them soon!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, butter or ghee
- 2 cups of diced apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use THIS milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons pure raw honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons additional milk of choice (I use THIS milk)
- 3 tablespoons butter, ghee (for dairy free use coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or pure raw honey)
- additional coconut oil, butter or ghee for cooking pancakes
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add in the diced apples and cinnamon.
- Cook until apples are soft, about 5-8 minutes
- While apples are cooking, mix your pancake ingredients by combining eggs, milk, honey, and vanilla and then adding in coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- When the apples are done cooking, fold half of the apple mixture into the pancake batter and stir.
- Add to the apples left in the skillet, the 3 tablespoons milk, butter and maple syrup and stir until butter is melted. Set aside this apple pie topping until the pancakes are finished cooking.
- Pour the pancake batter onto a well greased skillet turned to medium low in your desired pancake size. Smaller pancakes (about 3 inches wide) are easiest to flip.
- Once bubbles appear over the top of the pancakes, it’s time to flip.
- Flip and continue cooking for about 1 minute or until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with the apple pie topping and enjoy!
And leave me a comment! I love hearing from you all and would love to know if you plan on trying or have tried these
© Primally Inspired. My posts are copyrighted information. Do not repost my full recipe or post on your blog, Facebook, or any other website. Posting ingredients and sharing my photos is permitted with a link back to my site for the full recipe or post.FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.