Grain-Free Apple Pie Pancakes
I give you Apple Pie Pancakes!
These bring home all the tastes of apple pie, but in pancake form. Warm, golden pancakes with little bites of sweet, juicy apples topped with a buttery maple apple pie topping. Oh yes.
Does it get any better?
The answer is no. No, it doesn’t get any better. Well, unless you eat these with a side of bacon because we all know bacon makes everything better.
These really are ridiculously good and they make the perfect weekend breakfast treat. I hope you’ll get a chance to make them soon!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, butter or ghee
- 2 cups of diced apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use THIS milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons pure raw honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons additional milk of choice (I use THIS milk)
- 3 tablespoons butter, ghee (for dairy free use coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or pure raw honey)
- additional coconut oil, butter or ghee for cooking pancakes
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add in the diced apples and cinnamon.
- Cook until apples are soft, about 5-8 minutes
- While apples are cooking, mix your pancake ingredients by combining eggs, milk, honey, and vanilla and then adding in coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- When the apples are done cooking, fold half of the apple mixture into the pancake batter and stir.
- Add to the apples left in the skillet, the 3 tablespoons milk, butter and maple syrup and stir until butter is melted. Set aside this apple pie topping until the pancakes are finished cooking.
- Pour the pancake batter onto a well greased skillet turned to medium low in your desired pancake size. Smaller pancakes (about 3 inches wide) are easiest to flip.
- Once bubbles appear over the top of the pancakes, it’s time to flip.
- Flip and continue cooking for about 1 minute or until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with the apple pie topping and enjoy!
And leave me a comment! I love hearing from you all and would love to know if you plan on trying or have tried these