Easy, Healthy Fudge Recipe (Paleo, Vegan)
Confession (actually 2 confessions): I have been making this easy, healthy fudge recipe entirely too much during the last few months. And I make it with peanut butter.
Yes, I know….peanut butter is not paleo. But it’s one of those foods that I digest well and I love it. So I eat it. If you don’t do peanut butter or are allergic, this recipe is super tasty with any nut or seed butter. I’ve made this fudge with almond butter, cashew butter and sunflower seed butter and they’ve all been a huge hit. But, I still love my peanut butter
Most fudge recipes call for a ton of sugar and I promise that this easy, healthy fudge recipe tastes just as good with a very minimal amount of natural sweetener.
And in case you haven’t heard, coconut butter is not only incredibly tasty, but it’s a great food to incorporate in your diet. The fats in coconut butter are medium chain fatty acids that help boost metabolism and can actually help you lose weight (learn more about that HERE).
This recipe couldn’t be more simple to make (less than 5 ingredients!) and everyone I’ve served it to has raved over it and asked for the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
This recipe was inspired by the cookie dough balls in Paleo Vegan Sweets and Treats e-book (Find it HERE). Awesome little book, by the way – all the recipes are egg and grain free and every single one has been a hit with my family.
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened (Find HERE or you can make your own very easily...see THIS recipe)
- ½ cup nut or seed butter (or peanut butter, which is my favorite!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons pure raw honey or sweetener of choice
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (I use THESE dairy and soy free chips)
- Mix softened coconut butter, nut butter, vanilla and honey together in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour and spread into a parchment lined 8x8 baking pan.
- Pour the chocolate chips all over the top of the fudge. I gently press the chocolate chips down into the fudge with my hands.
- Refrigerate or freeze until hardened.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Are you a paleo eater who still eats peanut butter like me? Or do you prefer nut and seed butters?