Here is my go to roast beef and gravy recipe that is fall apart tender, extremely flavorful and always gets rave reviews whenever I serve it to guests.
I love this meal for so many reasons, but at the top of the list is that it only takes minutes to prepare and the slow cooker does all the work for you! I typically serve this alongside baked sweet potatoes, cooked greens and cauliflower mash for that ultimate comfort food meal.
Balsamic vinegar (I love THIS brand) is one of my often used secret ingredients in my recipe creations. It brings such a nice added depth of flavor to many dishes. Balsamic is definitely the secret ingredient in this crockpot roast beef that I think makes it go from good to amazing
Little tip: If the roast is still tough after the cooking time, it means it’s not done yet! You will know your roast is done when it is browned on top and is literally fall apart tender and will shred very easily with a fork.
- 3-4 pound roast (I usually use a chuck roast, but any roast works!)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock or broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (I use THIS brand)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (I use THIS brand, but you can use tamari, too)
- pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- generous sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place your whole roast in a crockpot fat side down.
- Add remaining ingredients over the top of the roast. Add additional salt and pepper to the top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. You know it is done when the top is browned and the meat shreds very easily with a fork.
- Remove the roast from crockpot.
- Blend remaining juices and onion/garlic in the crockpot with an immersion blender for your gravy until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve gravy with roast beef. If I happen to have chives or parsley growing in my garden, I'll usually snip some off to serve on top of the cooked roast, too.
I can’t even describe how good leftovers are of this roast!!! I hope you like my easy, go-to roast recipe as much as we do. Leave me a comment, too
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information