Cool Ranch Avocado Dip
If you know me, you know I eat an avocado in some way, shape or form just about every day. Yes, every day!
Because I love ‘em! And because avocados are filled with a ton of nutrients and healthy fat. I think the coolest thing about avocados is their ability to increase the nutrient absorption of the foods you are eating. So not only do they taste amazing, but they have the ability to help your body absorb up to 5 times the nutrients from your other food. Pretty cool, right?
Did you also know avocado and cucumber are a magical combination? It is! See, you learn all kinds of important stuff here 🙂
I couldn’t wait to experiment with the magical combination of avocado and cucumber again. This time, I made a cool ranch avocado dip. You’ve got to try it!
This cool ranch avocado dip is great as a healthy dip – I like to dip plantain chips or various sliced veggies in it. But you could dip anything you wanted in it! It’s also super good as a salad dressing. And it’s majorly yummy served on top of grilled chicken or steak.
My husband’s favorite way to eat this dip is in a special stack that he came up with all on his own (I better watch out – he’ll be taking over my job soon!): He stacks grilled chicken, a slice of raw cheddar, fried red onions, a heaping dollop of cool ranch avocado dip and then…….wait for it…….he tops it off with some of our favorite local, pasture raised bacon. So ridiculously good, I tell you!
I hope you get a chance to try this out soon! I think you’ll love it!
Cool Ranch Avocado Dip Recipe:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and seeds scraped out with a spoon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon red onion, diced or 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- sea salt, to taste
- optional: ¼ cup sour cream or greek yogurt (leave out for dairy free)
- Put all ingredients in a high powered blender (I use THIS).
- Blend until smooth and creamy and enjoy!
Pin Cool Ranch Avocado Dip Recipe HERE:
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information