Cherry Clafouti (Grain, Dairy, Nut Free)
You are in for a real treat! Today’s guest post is by Suzanne Perazzini from the absolutely gorgeous blog, Strands of My Life. I was blown away by her delightful food photography and I know you will be, too. Her real food recipes are both captivating to the eye and incredibly delicious. She even has a cookbook, called Afternoon Tea with recipes that are grain free, dairy free, nut free, sugar free and gluten free! This is a sample recipe from her cookbook. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 45-50 mins
Makes 1 cake
3 cups fresh pitted cherries
1/4 cup cognac
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 cup coconut milk
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp tapioca flour
- Macerate the cherries with the alcohol and 1/3 cup of the sugar for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Drain the fruit and reserve the liquid.
- Pour the liquid into a food processor and add the remaining sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and eggs. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flours and mix well.
- Spread the fruit evenly over the bottom of an oiled loaf tin (25cm x 11cm/10” x 4.5”).
- Pour the batter over the fruit.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool on a wire rack and slice to serve with a little whipped coconut cream.
Meet Suzanne Perazzini from Strands of My Life!
I am Suzanne Perazzini – the writer, recipe developer and photographer of the blog, Strands of My Life. Cooking and taking photographs is an escape into a private world of sensory perception and creation. I live with my husband and son in New Zealand in a house overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I am a published author, an incorrigible traveler and lover of all things beautiful. Strands of My Life is a blog about my food journey towards great health.
© Primally Inspired. My posts are copyrighted information. Do not repost my full recipe or post on your blog, Facebook, or any other website. Posting ingredients and sharing my photos is permitted with a link back to my site for the full recipe or post.FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.