Developing a yummy grain, dairy and nut free cobbler recipe was on my to-do list all summer.
And I finally nailed it! Woo! I hope you think so, too 🙂
To be honest, I think this is my very favorite treat recipe that I’ve made all summer (and I’ve made a lot).
Plus, it’s so incredibly simple to whip together. Seriously, 5 minutes is all it takes before it goes in the oven! Ten, tops, if you are slow or new in the kitchen.
I used a mix of frozen berries (blueberries, black raspberries, and strawberries) that I’ve been storing in my freezer from all the berries we’ve picked throughout the summer. But you can use any type or combination of fruit – fresh or frozen. I think peaches or apples would be fabulous, too.
Adding some whipped coconut cream or coconut milk (or whipped cream if you can eat dairy) over the top of this is pure heaven. Pure heaven, I tell you!
Oh and a little tip: That little bit of fresh lemon zest and juice adds such a fresh burst of flavor to the cobbler so you better not leave it out!
Would it be wrong to lick the plate?! Because I totally did right after I snapped this pic 😉
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or butter or ghee)
- ¼ cup pure raw honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk (or any other type of milk)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of frozen or fresh mixed berries (or any fruit)
- 1 additional tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and half of it zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8x8 baking dish, add the 1 tablespoon coconut oil, fruit, fresh lemon juice and zest from half that lemon.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, ¼ cup coconut oil, honey, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until it forms a batter.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls all over the top of the fruit. You can leave it as spoonfuls or smooth it out.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and top is done and golden brown.
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information