Asparagus Beef Stir Fry Recipe
This Asparagus Beef Stir Fry recipe is super easy, healthy, a one pot meal and you can get it on the table in under 30 minutes! What’s not to love about that?!
This dish is especially perfect for a busy weeknight. I like to let the beef marinate in the fridge all day. And then when I get home, I can get a super easy, healthy meal on the table in 10 minutes flat! Love that!
And please have fun experimenting with the veggies to make this dish suite your tastes! I often substitute those frozen stir-fry bags that you get in the freezer section to make this dish even more super duper easy. Broccoli is a wonderful substitute, too! And I almost always add mushrooms because I just love mushrooms. If you eat rice, this Asparagus Beef Stir Fry is especially good on top of a bed of rice or cauliflower rice.
Enjoy this easy and healthy one pot diner recipe!
Asparagus Beef Stir Fry Recipe:
- ½ cup coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce (I use THIS)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of choice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot, tapioca starch or organic cornstarch
- 3 green onions, both white and green parts chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey or coconut sugar (I use THIS)
- 1.5 lbs sirlion, skirt or flank steak, thinly sliced (it's much easier to thinly slice if it's still slightly frozen)
- 1 tablespoon additional avocado oil or oil of choice for cooking
- ½ lb asparagus, chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ cup broth or water
- Toppings: toasted sesame seeds, extra chopped green onion
- Mix together the coconut aminos, oil, garlic, arrowroot, green onions, and honey. Pour over the thinly sliced beef and stir until beef is well coated. Marinate for at least 5 minutes, up to overnight.
- Once you are ready to cook, add the cooking oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Let the oil heat for a few minutes until the oil is hot. Add your beef to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cut asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add in your broth or water and allow to cook for an additional minute or two.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and extra green onion. Enjoy!
Also, make sure to slice the beef across the grain for the most tender, melt-in-your mouth beef!