Miracle Salve with Free Printable Labels
You guys! I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to tell you about my homemade miracle salve recipe. I was just making it for Christmas presents and it dawned on me that I never told you about it. What was I thinking?! You need to know about this stuff.
This salve is seriously the best. I can’t say enough good things about it. It will soothe and heal the driest of dry, cracked, chapped and scaly skin. It really is like a miracle cream. It’s one of those things you just have to try to believe and then you’ll realize why I’m so crazy about it.
My grandmother swears by it. My friend, Danielle says it’s her go to cream to help her kids’s eczema. My husband even loves it for his hands and his face in the winter. He tells me it works really well at protecting his face from windburn when he goes hunting.
It works wonders for dry hands and feet. Just rub some on your hands and feet before you go to bed, let the nourishing ingredients work their magic when you are sleeping and you’ll wake up with baby soft skin. It’s that good. You can use this homemade salve for hands, feet, face, elbows, even lips! Heck, I even use it for my dog’s paws. In the cold, harsh winter months when I need extra moisturizer to combat dry skin, I use it as my nightly face cream – I love this stuff so much!
And what’s even cooler is that it’s SO easy to make. You know I don’t do complicated and this recipe couldn’t get more simple to make. You may have to get just one or two ingredients that you don’t have on hand, but I promise you that it will be worth it and those ingredients will last you a really long time. Also, a little of this salve goes a long way so a small jar will last you months.
I’m giving you my basic recipe, but you can go as crazy as you want by switching up the oils, adding different essential oils, infusing fresh herbs into your oils, etc. You can’t really screw it up so have fun with this! I can’t wait to hear about your salve creations so be sure to leave me a comment if you play around with this recipe.
And just a fair warning – I started giving this miracle salve to friends and family a few years ago for small Christmas presents and now they request it every single year. Just be prepared to make it every year from here on out 😉
Since this recipe makes the perfect gift, I made some free printable labels for you for extra easy gift giving. Just print and cut the labels out, stick one on a jar (I use THESE jars), tie a bow and your set. Enjoy!
Miracle Salve Recipe:
- 3 tablespoons beeswax pellets (Find HERE)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup avocado oil or other oil of choice (sweet almond, olive or jojoba make great choices, too)
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- optional: 20 drops essential oil of choice (I love using THIS blend - not only is it calming, but it's great for skin health, too) *A specific kid-safe essential oil blend for eczema is THIS. It's been working wonders for a few people that I know that are dealing with eczema & psoriasis. I also reached out to an aromatherapist and she confirmed that this eczema blend was safe for children using this recipe.
- Add a few inches of water to a skillet and place on your stove at medium low heat.
- Place a glass jar in the water and add your beeswax to the jar. Allow the beeswax to melt - this takes 15 or more minutes.
- Once the beeswax has melted, add the remaining oils (except essential oil) and shea butter and let melt - this takes an additional 15 or more minutes. You don't have to stir - the oils will naturally blend together.
- Once everything is melted and liquid, remove the jar from heat and add in your essential oil, if using.
- Pour liquid into jars of choice (I like using THESE - this recipe fills 2 of those jars) and place on the counter for a few hours to harden. You can speed up the hardening process by placing the jars in the refrigerator for at least a half hour.
If you would like a softer salve, use 2 tablespoons of beeswax instead of 3.
*You can download the Printable Labels HERE.