The yearly Primally Inspired INFRARED SAUNA GROUP BUY is happening NOW! Now's your chance to get an infrared sauna at wholesale prices- about 40% off retail!
Iced Green Tea Mojito
Digestive Aid & Liver Detox
Warm weather finally hit Pennsylvania this week! And in true Pennsylvania fashion, we went from chilly 50 degree daytime temps to humid, sticky 80 degrees.
There’s not much better than a refreshing ice cold drink after a hot day in the sweltering sun, am I right?
And this iced green tea mojito majorly hits the spot. So refreshing! But I haven’t even told you about the best part of this drink yet. And that’s all the health benefits associated with this iced green tea mojito! I have them all listed below so you can see for yourself, but it’s a great way to help cleanse toxins from the body and to help regulate your digestion. It also aids in weight loss!
You can certainly add alcohol to this drink, if you wish. But I like to keep it clean (unless it’s the weekend 😉 ) and drink this iced green tea mojito as a delicious digestive aid and liver detox all throughout the week.
The ingredients in this iced green tea mojito work together to become a great health elixir! Not only will this drink keep you hydrated on hot days, but it helps flush toxins out of your body and is very effective at helping digestion. You’ll also notice that all of the ingredients have weightloss properties (woo!).
- Increases the metabolism (hello teeny bikini!). The polyphenals in green tea intensify your fat burning potential.
- Helps prevent high insulin spikes (great for those with blood sugar problems and those with type 2 diabetes!). Green tea helps regulate glucose levels by slowing the rate at which sugar enters the bloodstream
- Reduces bad cholesterol and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Shown to delay the onset and damage caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Green Tea protects brain cells from dying and can actually restore damaged cells.
- Reduces risk of high blood pressure by relaxing the lining of the blood vessels.
- Helps depression. Theanine, the amino acid in green tea gives a relaxing and tranquilizing effect.
- Anti-viral and anti-bacterial. The high level of catechins in green tea inhibit bacteria and viruses (some studies show it slows cancer, too!).
- Helps wrinkles and sun damaged skin. The high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are great for the skin.
- Helps flush out and rids the liver, kidneys and digestive system of toxins.
- Eases heartburn and other digestive issues.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Helps stimulate and regulate the digestive track (perfect for those suffering with heartburn, constipation or other digestive disorders).
- Flushes toxins out of the body. The flavonoids in limes reduce the number of free radicals and other toxins in the in the body.
- Helps control blood sugar levels by regulating the body’s absorption of sugar into the bloodstream
- Aids in weight loss.
- Anti-Inflammatory. The citric acid in limes helps rid the body of excess inflammation.
- Aids in digestion by helping to break down dietary fat.
- Soothes stomach pain and relieves cramps, indigestion and inflammation.
- Gives you energy. Mint is a natural stimulant and will give you an energy boost and makes you more alert.
- Aids in weight loss. Mint stimulates digestive enzymes that absorb nutrients from fat and turn them into useable energy. That means mint helps your body use the fat from food for energy, not store it on your body!
Iced Green Tea Mojito Recipe:
- 1 Pitcher of Unsweetened Iced Green Tea (I use 12 teabags or 4 tablespoons of THIS loose leaf tea per 8 cups of water for my pitcher. Never let the water come to a boil for green tea - it will make it taste bitter. Also only steep for 3 minutes - any longer will extract bitter elements from the tea)
- 3 mojito mint leaves (the Cuban mojito mint is called Mentha nemorosa, but you can use any type of mint! Spearmint and Peppermint are popular choices)
- 2 slices cucumber
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ - 1 teaspoon pure raw honey (or other sweetener of choice, more or less to taste)
- Optional: extra lime slices and mint leaves for garnish
- To make an alcoholic version, add 1 ounce of rum.
- Squeeze the lime juice into a glass.
- Add the mint leaves and the cucumber slices to the glass and muddle until the leaves are slightly bruised.You can also use the back of a spoon if you don't have a muddle.
- Fill the glass with ice and add your iced green tea.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Stir well and garnish with additional mint leaves and lime slices, if desired. Enjoy!
Click HERE to pin this iced green tea mojito recipe:
Leave me a comment if you have a favorite healthy summertime drink I should know about 🙂 And I hope you get to try this – it’s an awesome way to detox and keep yourself healthy and hydrated this summer!
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information