Delicious, creamy zucchini soup, but without the dairy! This easy, Dairy Free Zucchini soup is not only flavorful, but Paleo & Whole30 approved, too!
Dairy Free Zucchini Soup (Paleo, Whole30)
Anyone need a good recipe to use up a bunch of garden zucchini? Me! Me! Me!
If you’re like me and blessed with an abundance of garden zucchini this time of year AND are looking for a delicious and easy recipe to use it up, you don’t have to look any further! This Dairy Free Zucchini soup is your answer 🙂
We’ve been enjoying this zucchini soup for years – it’s a summer staple for us. We love it! I especially like to enjoy it alongside some lovely breadsticks (I’ve got a fantastic grain-free breadstick recipe HERE). I also like to drizzle a tiny bit of high quality olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper on top of each serving….oh my goodness…..so good! (THIS is my very favorite high quality olive oil – can’t get enough of that stuff!!! Once you try it, you’ll never go back!)
This soup tastes so creamy that many people who’ve tried it find it hard to believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy!
Just a few simple ingredients and about 20 minutes is all you need to have a delicious Dairy Free Zucchini Soup ready to go. It’s Paleo & Whole30 approved and can easily be made Vegan. This freezes very well, too!
I hope you enjoy this fresh, simple summer soup recipe as much as we do! Have fun playing around with various herbs and spices, too! Using fresh dill and chives are one of my favorite variations, too 🙂
Dairy Free Zucchini Soup Recipe:
- 2½ pounds zucchini, peel left on for color (about 6-7 medium zucchini)
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking fat of your choice
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth (use vegetable stock for a vegan or vegetarian option)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves
- Cook the onion and zucchini in olive oil over medium-low heat until onion is translucent. Add the chopped garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in basil. Puree with an immersion blender (sometimes called hand blender or stick blender) until smooth and creamy or blend in a blender in batches. Can be served either hot or cold.
Link to a fantastic grain-free breadstick recipe that goes extremely well with this soup: http://www.primallyinspired.com/grain-free-breadsticks-paleo/