This is the best homemade lemonade recipe using real lemons and honey! It’s so simple, fresh, delicious & refreshing! Kid approved.
Homemade Lemonade Recipe with Real Lemons & Honey
I’m willing to bet that most of you have either stood at your very own Lemonade Stand as a child, or perhaps might have helped your child(ren) on their first business venture. Anyone remember those days? So fun! 🙂
Homemade Lemonade is such an easy recipe to make and has been a summer favorite for decades. Even though it’s simple, most of us just grab it off the shelf from our local grocer. While there are definitely some great options out there, the majority of pre made lemonade mixes and drinks are filled with sugar and artificial flavorings.
I bet you’ve heard of Minute Maid Lemonade before. Have you ever taken a look at the ingredients in their lemonade?
Minute Maid Lemonade Ingredients:
Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Lemon Juice, Flavoring, Sugar, EDTA, Glycerol of Wood Rosin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Yellow 5, Modified Corn Starch
Can you say YUM (just kidding)!
Now let’s compare that to this simple and delicious, fresh, Homemade Lemonade recipe that uses real lemons and honey:
Water, Lemons, Raw Honey, Sea Salt
That’s it! So simple!
Below you will find a recipe that will yield a half gallon of All-Natural Homemade Simple and Sweet Lemonade made with no preservatives or processed sugars. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Oh! And if you are looking for something to make with all your leftover squeezed lemons, you’ve got to try my easy 2-ingredient homemade cleaner recipe! You can find the recipe HERE. It’s fantastic!!!
How to Make Homemade Lemonade with Real Lemons & Honey:
- 7 cups Water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Lemon juice from Lemons (approx. 4-6 lemons, depending on size)
- ½ cup Honey (this is sweet lemonade and will taste just like the lemonade you get at the store! If you prefer it not as sweet, use ¼ cup honey instead)
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt (don't forget the sea salt - it makes the lemonade really smooth!)
- a small Citrus Juicer (Find HERE)
- Juice your lemons. If you do not have a citrus juicer and want to juice the lemons by hand you can definitely still do so. Because you may not be quite as efficient, you may need more lemons than listed above.
- Pour the fresh lemon juice into a gallon mason jar or large drink container (I use THIS one).
- Add water and stir well.
- Mix in honey and sea salt.
- Enjoy! Best served chilled with ice and some fresh mint leaves.