Bump to Birth Happy Pregnancy Tea
Herbs can be very beneficial, especially during pregnancy. Certain herbs can strengthen you physically, ease your pregnancy discomforts and prepare your body for birth.
The pregnancy tea blend created by Lleaon Rao, Herbalist and author of Bump to Birth, does just that! Lleaon created this special pregnancy tea recipe to help soon-to-be mama’s have a happy and healthy pregnancy. And she is generously letting me share her special Bump to Birth Happy Pregnancy Tea recipe from her new book with you 🙂
What makes this tea so beneficial for pregnancy and childbirth?
Read about the herbs included in this tea and you’ll see why it’s so important to consume this pregnancy tea throughout your pregnancy:
- Prevents miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage by helping tone and relax the uterus.
- Eases morning sickness.
- Reduces pain during labor and after birth.
- Tones the muscles used during labor and delivery and eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery.
- Assists in the production of plentiful breast milk.
- Helps make labor faster by encouraging the uterus to let go and function without tension.
- Studies show that women that consume Red Raspberry Leaf have a reduced incidence of artificial rupture of membranes, forceps delivery or cesarean.
- Nourishes both mother and fetus.
- Eases leg cramps and other muscle spasms.
- Helps diminish muscle pains in the uterus, in the legs and elsewhere.
- A superb source of vitamin K and increases available hemoglobin, both of which decrease the likelihood of postpartum hemorrhage and slows postpartum bleeding.
- Reduces hemorrhoids. Nettle’s mild astringency and general nourishing action tightens and strengthens blood vessels, helps maintain arterial elasticity and improves venous resilience.
- Increases the richness and amount of breast milk.
- Rich in calcium and magnesium.
- Helps relieve anxiety and restlessness.
- Helps relieve leg cramps and other muscle cramps.
- Helps relieve morning sickness.
- Improves baby’s Vitamin K levels at birth if Mom drinks during pregnancy.
- Rich in antioxidants that nourish both mom and baby.
- Helps the body relax.
Bump to Birth Happy Pregnancy Tea Recipe:
2 cups Red Raspberry Leaf (Find HERE)
1 cup Nettle Leaf (Find HERE)
1 cup Oatstraw (Find HERE)
1/3 cup Rose Petals (Find HERE)
1/3 cup Alfalfa (Find HERE)
Mix everything together and store in an airtight glass jar.
How to Brew Your Happy Pregnancy Tea:
Take 1 tablespoon of your Pregnancy Tea and add it to a glass of boiling water. Let it infuse for about 8-10 minutes. Strain it and sweeten it with natural sweeteners if you prefer it sweeter.
How much to drink?
1st trimester: 1 cup a day
2nd trimester: up to 2 cups a day
3rd trimester (first 2 weeks): up to 3 cups a day
9th month: up to 5 cups a day
Looking for a teapot? THIS is the one I use and LOVE it!
Want to learn about other holistic pregnancy remedies?
If you want to learn hundreds of holistic remedies to common pregnancy ailments, I highly recommend Bump To Birth. This is a fabulous resource for all the soon-to-be mama’s out there that want a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth! This book teaches you how to properly nourish both Mom and baby in this exciting time of life.
To all my soon-to-be mama’s, a huge congratulations from me to you! I wish you all the best through pregnancy and birth 🙂 If you have any advice or natural remedies to give to other pregnant mama’s, leave a comment below!
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information