Friday Favorites: Homemade Vanilla Bean Body Butter
Today’s guest post by Real Fit Mama gets a place of honor in my favorites section. This homemade vanilla bean body butter is so rich and luxurious. You won’t find a nicer, more moisturizing body butter out there! I hope you find some time to make it because it’s so lovely and smells so good. It would also make such a wonderful gift for someone special
I’m also excited to introduce you to an awesome chick, Julie, who created this recipe for me. Her blog, Real Fit Mama, has amazing, kick your booty fitness workouts like her newly posted, 16 Minute Get It Done Workout. And she loves real food so you’ll find plenty of delicious real food recipes like her Scallops with Black Plum, Kale and Bacon Salad – so good! I hope you’ll check out her site and connect with her on facebook and pinterest.
Vanilla Bean Body Butter
Easy to make yourself, this vanilla bean body butter deeply moisturizes the skin while it soothes the soul.
Want to feel sexy? Try it! The fresh vanilla adds a sensual rich fragrance to the skin-enhancing cocoa butter and coconut oil. Used as an aphrodisiac in many cultures, vanilla has a relaxing & pleasing affect on the body, mind and spirit.
Apply before bed to enhance sleep, and in the morning after bathing as a natural perfume.
How to Prepare:
1. Melt cocoa butter and coconut oil. Remove from heat and let cool for 30
2. Grind a vanilla bean in a coffee grinder if you have one. If not, use a food
3. Stir sweet almond oil and vanilla bean bits into the cocoa butter and coconut
4. Place in freezer to chill – about 20 minutes. Wait until oils start to partially
5. Whip with an electric mixer or in the food processor until a butter-like
consistency is achieved.
6. Spoon into a glass jar and enjoy! Makes roughly 3 cups whipped butter – keep in the refrigerator or another cool place.
Meet Julie de Lagarde from
Real Fit Mama
Julie de Lagarde, Real Fit Mama
Conceived in the belly of my integrative wellness practice, Real Fit Mama was born in early April 2013 as the next generation in my wellness family. I recently started blogging like mad, inspired to educate and motivate, ready to share what I’ve learned through decades of living and nearly a decade of clinical practice, and eager to hear what others have to say that might inspire as well. Real Fit Mama has opened doors to allow me a more personal and intimate connection with a broader base of people, based on my experiences as a mom, Real Food eater, athlete, and lifelong pursuer of happiness and inner peace.