Easy 3 Ingredient White Chocolate Lotion Bar Recipe
Learn how to make your own easy homemade white chocolate lotion bar using just 3 ingredients! This homemade lotion bar is deeply moisturizing, nourishing to the skin and it smells like white chocolate! What’s not to love about that? 🙂
Have you ever used a lotion bar? I love them! They are so luxurious and good for the skin. A lotion bar stays solid at room temperature, but when you rub it onto your skin, your body temperature melts a tiny amount. The nourishing butters and oils are quickly absorbed, leaving your skin feeling soft, silky and deeply moisturized. And unlike lotions that contain mostly water, lotion bars have no added water making them super concentrated and just filled with the good stuff! It’s a long lasting, instant moisturizer with no mess in a convenient bar form. Love!
Previously, I had been buying my lotion bars (THESE – great company!). But I noticed they had a very small ingredient list with items that I already had in my cabinet. And at $15 a pop, I wanted to try and make them myself.
And it is SO easy, guys! Just 3 simple ingredients!
The formula for making a homemade lotion bar is super simple: just melt equal parts beeswax, butter, and oil. That’s it!
For this homemade white chocolate lotion bar, I use equal parts beeswax, unrefined, raw cocoa butter and coconut oil, all of which are deeply nourishing to the skin, highly moisturizing and are even known to help clear up skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
And wow, this lotion bar smells absolutely divine! The cocoa butter makes it smell like white chocolate! Swoon.
This white chocolate lotion bar also makes such a nice gift. I love using my silicone heart shaped molds when I make these (perfect for Valentine’s Day!), but there are so many fun shaped molds out there that make these lotion bars extra fun for gift giving. Here’s some of my favorites:
I hope you make this recipe – you are going to love it!
White Chocolate Lotion Bar Recipe:
- Add a few inches of water to a skillet and place it on your stove at medium low heat.
- Place a heat-safe glass jar into the skillet and add your beeswax into the jar. Allow to melt - this can take 15 or more minutes. It's tempting to turn up the heat to make it melt faster, but don't do it! We need to preserve the beneficial, healing properties in these waxes, butters and oils so we need to melt them over a low temperature!
- Once the beeswax is melted, add your cocoa butter and coconut oil to the jar and allow to melt.
- Once everything is melted together and completely liquid, remove the jar from the skillet and pour into your mold. I use THIS heart shaped mold. You can also use cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Keep the mold at room temperature for a few hours to harden. If you want to speed up the hardening process, place the mold in the refrigerator for at least a half an hour.
- Once the lotion bar has completely cooled, pop it out of the mold. Store at room temperature.