Smoky Sweet Potato Soup (Paleo, Vegan, Whole30)
Author: Kelly from Primally Inspired
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- ½ onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of choice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth (use vegetable broth for vegan option)
- Optional garnishes: green onion, cilantro, avocado, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread sweet potatoes, onion and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables, chili powder, smoked paprika and broth to a high powered blender (I use THIS).
- Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Top with any garnishes and enjoy!
Recipe by Primally Inspired at https://www.primallyinspired.com/smoky-sweet-potato-soup/