DIY Heat Protectant and Hair Repair Recipe
Author: Kelly from Primally Inspired
Serves: 1 cup
- ½ cup shea butter (I use THIS one)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (I use THIS)
- 10 drops essential oil of choice* see notes below for my essential oil recommendations for your hair type (I personally use THIS one)
- Add your shea butter and avocado oil to a mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Then, mix with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer (with whipping attachment) on high speed until light and fluffy (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add in your essential oil of choice. Mix again for about 10 more seconds or until combined. Scoop in an 8 ounce jar or two 4 ounce jars.
- Use sparingly on damp or dry hair before heat styling. Use from mid hair to ends, avoiding roots and scalp.
- Keep in a cupboard for up to 2 years.
Essential Oil Recommendations based on Hair type:
Dry, Damaged and/or Color Treated Hair:
Geranium Essential Oil
Rosemary Essential Oil
Dry, Thin Hair:
Peppermint Essential Oil
All Hair Types:
Lavender Essential Oil
Recipe by Primally Inspired at https://www.primallyinspired.com/diy-heat-protectant-hair-repair-recipe/