Grain Free Breadsticks
Author: Kelly from Primally Inspired
Serves: About 8 breadsticks/ 4 servings
- ⅓ cup olive oil or avocado oil (I use THIS)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca starch (I use THIS)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (I use THIS)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- optional: ¼ cup Romano or Parmesan cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- extra olive oil, Italian seasoning or fresh herbs (fresh basil and thyme are good choices) and cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the oil and water to a small pot over medium heat.
- While the oil and water are heating up, add your arrowroot, spices, baking powder and cheese to a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Once the oil and water are boiling, remove the pot from the heat and add the oil/water to the arrowroot bowl. Stir until combined.
- Add in your egg and stir. Finally, add in your coconut flour and stir until the mixture forms a dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball and using your hands or a rolling pin, roll out into a ¼ inch thick long oval.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the top starts to turn lightly golden.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the warm bread. Top with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan or Romano cheese, Italian seasoning and/or fresh herbs. Cut into 1.5 inch slices and enjoy!
Recipe by Primally Inspired at https://www.primallyinspired.com/grain-free-breadsticks-paleo/