Pizza Meatballs (Grain Free)
Author: Kelly from Primally Inspired
Serves: about 35 large meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 cup onion, finely diced (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons black olives, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper or raw red pepper, finely diced
- optional: ¼ cup Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Pizza Sauce (I often use THIS one) for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Shape into golf ball sized meatballs and place on a raised edge baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned on top. If you would like the meatballs darker on top, turn top rack to broil and broil for a minute or two.
- Serve with pizza sauce.
Recipe by Primally Inspired at https://www.primallyinspired.com/pizza-meatballs-grain-free-paleo/