Pineapple Kale Salad | "Pina-Kale-Ada" Salad (Vegan, Raw)
Author: Kelly from Primally Inspired
- 1 bunch kale, stalks removed and sliced in thin strips (about 5-6 cups)
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup ripe pineapple, diced
- ⅓ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut chips (I use THESE)
- optional toppings: sliced mango, dried fruit pieces, other nuts or seeds, cilantro or mint
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (I use THIS)
- 1 cup ripe pineapple, diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons pure raw honey or other sweetener of choice (you can omit this if your pineapple is really ripe and sweet. Or you can add more honey, to taste)
- Blend together the 1 cup pineapple, lime zest and juice, coconut milk and honey in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour ½ the dressing onto the sliced kale and massage the kale with the dressing for 2-3 minutes or until the kale starts to soften.
- Place the kale and the remaining dressing in the fridge for at least one hour (but overnight is best!) or until you are ready to eat (I've even left it in there for 3 days and it's been perfect).
- To serve, add ½ cup diced pineapple, diced avocado, macadamia nuts, coconut chips and any other toppings. Serve with remaining creamy pineapple coconut dressing. Toss and Enjoy!
Recipe by Primally Inspired at https://www.primallyinspired.com/pineapple-kale-salad-vegan/