5 Ingredient Smoky and Spicy Scotch Eggs
Author: Kelly from Primally Inspired
Serves: Makes 6 scotch eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1½ lbs ground pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put eggs in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, remove the pot from heat and cover.
- Let sit for 10-12 minutes or until yolks are done to your liking.
- Remove the eggs from the water and let cool until they are cool enough to handle.
- Peel the shell off the eggs.
- When the eggs are cooling, mix sausage, chili powder, smoked paprika and green onions and salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined.
- Divide sausage mixture into 6 sections.
- Flatten each sausage section and mold it around the cooked egg and then place the sausage wrapped egg on a baking pan.
- Repeat with remaining sausage sections and eggs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until sausage is cooked throughout and slightly browned on top.
- Eat just as they are or serve with dijon mustard or sriracha sauce.
Recipe by Primally Inspired at https://www.primallyinspired.com/5-ingredient-smoky-spicy-scotch-eggs/